Common Digs Forest School Educator
CCES Calgary Nature Kindergarten Classroom Assistant
Beginning September 2017, we are looking for someone who:
- has early childcare certification education;
- has experience working with children aged 3-6 years old;
- experience and/or knowledge of working in an emergent curriculum environment;
- is flexible and looks forward to responding to planning to changes in programming as the day requires - based on weather or the interests of the children;
- enjoys collaboration and working in a team planning environment;
- must have or be willing to take first aid certification;
- is able to drive and get to our location near Spruce Meadows off Hwy 22x in the south of Calgary.
These positions will:
- work directly with children in the age group of 3-6 years old - most of the time outdoors except in extreme weather;
- daily and weekly team plan and share responsibility for implementation of those plans;
- offer up to 5 days per week; 7-8 hours per day (full time or part time availability) during the school year;
- offer professional development in areas related to forest school and emergent curriculum;
- pay $20 per hour to start.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com for those interested in working in the Forest School program
firstname.lastname@example.org for those interested in working in the Nature Kindergarten program.
Thank you for all those that apply.