Now hiring for Forest School and Nature Kindergarten Classrooms
Do you enjoy and know the value of being outdoors?
Are you passionate about child development?
Is project work and working in a "living" classroom an exciting environment that you wish to be in?
Common Digs Forest School Educator
CCES Calgary Nature Kindergarten Classroom Assistant
Beginning September 2017, we are looking for someone who:
- has early childcare certification education;
- has experience working with children aged 3-6 years old;
- experience and/or knowledge of working in an emergent curriculum environment;
- is flexible and looks forward to responding to planning to changes in programming as the day requires - based on weather or the interests of the children;
- enjoys collaboration and working in a team planning environment;
- must have or be willing to take first aid certification;
- is able to drive and get to our location near Spruce Meadows off Hwy 22x in the south of Calgary.
These positions will:
- work directly with children in the age group of 3-6 years old - most of the time outdoors except in extreme weather;
- daily and weekly team plan and share responsibility for implementation of those plans;
- offer up to 5 days per week; 7-8 hours per day (full time or part time availability) during the school year;
- offer professional development in areas related to forest school and emergent curriculum;
- pay $20 per hour to start.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com for those interested in working in the Forest School program
firstname.lastname@example.org for those interested in working in the Nature Kindergarten program.
Thank you for all those that apply.