Sparkles in the snow, the mystery of a snowflake, the wonder of footprints left behind – so much to enchant our minds and imaginations - all wrapped up in the frosty folds of winter.
Enchantments of Winter is a hands-on workshop on outdoor winter play for Early Childhood and Elementary School Educators that will explore:
- the affordances and offerings of winter;
- materials to support and enhance winter play;
- probable curriculum connections and possibilities for project work;
- seasonal risk-benefit assessment;
- supporting children and parents to dress for the weather.
In the spirit of the forest school ethos this workshop will be held mostly outdoors, will include hands-on natural materials exploration, storytelling and an opportunity to view current and past documentation of project based work from children aged 3-6 years focusing on their connections and ongoing investigations in a nature space in the winter season.
Come be enchanted by winter.
Saturday, January20, 2018
Common Digs Forest School at Red Deer Lake Community Centre
9:30 am – 12:30 pm
$90 + gst per person
Early bird pricing $75 until December 31.
Workshop is limited to 40 participants.
Visit our shop to register. All registrations are non-refundable but are transferable.